Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Roundup

Be forewarned still no battery for my camera and I suck with the Blackberry pics. LOL



Well Thanksgiving 2009 is behind us. Usually we have it at our house but Tracy offered to do it at her place and boy was it nice! To be able to leave and go home to some relative peace and quiet. LOL.
Okay so the morning started out early. Skylee and I got up at 5am to be at Kmart at 6:15. We were 2nd in line and got some little goodies!! Skylee had a really good time despite getting up when it was still dark outside!. Just before the doors opened I gave her a few pointers as it was her very first Black Friday experience. Since she was in the basket area of the cart I told her to keep her elbows out and if anyone gets too close, just give them a whack. hehe.

After that we went back home to finish a few loafs of beer bread and spinach dip. We had dinner around noon as Damien had to be somewhere at 3. And that is something I notice and I am not sure if it is a regional thing but on the whole people eat dinner early around here. Growing up we ate dinner at 7 or 8? But maybe that is because I had working parents. Here on my nights off I start dinner anywhere from 4:30 to 5 since Brenda has to be at work before 8.

Okay back to the story.. so we hung out at the house for awhile. At 8 I thought I would go get some gas in my car, pick up a Rockstar drink and check out Toys R Us on the way back. Well there were already a few people in line so I parked and got in line. After an hour the manager cleared out the cart bay and let the first 50 people wait inside the cart area in the warmth. This was a pretty sweet deal since they didn't open until midnight and it was already in the 30's.
Now some of you may be asking why was I lined up in front of Toys R Us for 4 hours. Damien has declared he will NEVER wait in a line for anything. I tend to disagree with that statement. I have a feeling if it was XBOX, beer or some other man thing he totally would. On this day I was in line for a few things but most importantly a Zhu Zhu pet. Each store has 100 to sell and it was first come first serve. So I was 11 in line and got my $9.99 pet and was out the door at 12:15. Brenda came to join me in the line at 11 and went home to rest after that. Now those without children may be asking "what in the hell is a Zhu Zhu pet?" Well it is a motorized hamster that makes noises....

These cute little bastards are THE toy to have this year. And of course what did Skylee ask Santa for this year?
1. Hamster
2. a non stinky crab
3. Antlers for Bruno

We all know there is no such thing as a non stinky hermit crab, and I am sure Bruno would love a pair of antlers, but the only thing I could really deliver is the hamster.

So after drinking an extra large energy drink and standing around for 4 hours I really had to pee. So I stopped at the Fayetteville Walmart to do this. Well this happes to be next to Old Navy and there was already a line at that store for their 3am opening. So I hopped in line and waited in the 26 degree temps for what? A free copy of Lego Rock band for the Wii, a few $5 fleece sweaters, and a winter coat for $15 for the munchkin. In and out by 3:20.
Did I go home and rest? Heck No!!!

Me freezing in line!!


I picked up Brenda and we headed to Walmart. Their sale started at 5 so after picking up a last few things we were home by 6:30. Did I go to sleep? hmm nope. I made breakfast for us since Skylee was awake by this point. I did finally manage to get to sleep around 8:30 that night. So after 40 hours awake I had some great buys to show for it.

I can't wait for next year. I always have a really good time. I wish my girlfriends weren't so wimpy and would enjoy it with me. That would make it really fun. I always make friends with the fellow nuts in the lines, but it isn't the same. Of course the drawback to my friends is that we would probably end up in a fist fight with some rude line jumpers and end up in jail.LOL. It never fails. Girls Night out always ends up with someone threatening to take out the skinny bitch next to us that made a rude comment over shoes. LOL.

On an end note. I came home from work this morning and just closed my eyes to Skylee standing in front of me holding a play doh kitchen that I purchased on Black Friday (one of her presents)
Skylee... "mom, mom can I have this?"
me.. "what? Where did you get that?"
Skylee... " It was hiding in Nanny's room. I saw it when she was in the bathroom brushing her teeth last night. She told me I had to wait and ask you. Please? I will give you a penny for it."
Me...." Stay out of Nanny's room. That was a christmas present. You want it now or later?"
Skylee... "Now please"
Me.. "sure OK"

So after that I leave for the gym. I come home to Daddy playing POGO on the computer, Skylee in the same clothes she was wearing when I left for work, last night(pants on backwards too), play doh all over the carpet, and a healthy breakfast of soda and cookies. God help us if something were to happen to me. She would end up a wild heathen.

Note to self... Play doh wont freeze, leave it in the garage with all the other christmas presents. No hiding spot is safe. fix breakfast and dress Skylee BEFORE leaving for the gym.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are reports that Canadian retailers are better stocked on Zhu Zhu's than many U.S. retailers -- it might be worth the drive for anyone desperate enough to get one

Kerum said...

CRAZY nut! :-) I wouldn't mind waiting out in the cold with you IF there was something that I thought was worth the wait. Austin wants all sorts of things this Christmas, just nothing on the great list of Black Friday deals. OH well...glad you got your zhu zhu pet though! Any accessories yet?