Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekend Roundup

It's a lovely Sunday night as I sit here at work to give a quick update. I worked this weekend so not much to update ya on the kid. She did score a sweet game, Operation. Thanks to Aunt Tracy!! She has been begging for the Spongebob version for a few weeks. So if this still holds her interest Santa may bring it this year.
It was an unusually quiet weekend at work. It is now day four on my meds and I think I see a difference already. I have always tried to explain my thoughts as several fat people trying to rush out a door in my head at the same time, but they would get stuck as they rushed out. I don't stutter as much and I feel a lot calmer in my downtime. So that is super neat.
Tomorrow is a big day! I may have to testify as a witness in a friend's custody case in the morning, so no sleep for me. But Kylee is a sweet girl who really needs to be with her dad. Her mom is a young mother with lots of kids, no job, no money, no patience, and not enough love. So let's hope it goes well for her and Kain tomorrow.
Then at 2 I have to take some tests in Fayetteville for a new job. It is a big decision, but I think I am making the right choice. I have worked for Lowell for 5 years, and I think I am ready for a change. Fayetteville is a much larger city, they dispatch for fire and police. It starts out $1.22/hr less than what I make now, but the health insurance is a lot cheaper, and they match 3% with 12% for pension. So that will make up for the difference.
I am a true .Virgo and really hate change, the shift is a night shift but will have to work days while training. So we will see how this goes. Brenda asked me what I would do with Skylee while I had to work days. Since Damien isn't working at this point it wont be a problem. I have worked nights and been with Skylee durring the day for over 4 years. I think it is his turn, don't you?
This week in school Skylee will be learning the letter "a" and apples. So we will need to find something to take for show and tell this week. Maybe I can find some apple treats to bring for her classmates. On Wednsday morning she is meeting up with some friends for a power wheel playdate and I will make sure to take a few pics. The girl is very good in her pink Escalade.
Last quick note.... her Native American Halloween costume is almost complete, I will make sure to get a few pics to post if I can get her to try it on. Then it is on to Bruno's buffalo costume!!

No comments: