Monday, February 2, 2009

Ice Storm 2009

Where do I start with this one? For all you Californians that have no idea what winter weather is like this will be a shock. We had an ice storm come thru on Tuesday of last week. It dropped 2 inches of ice. It coated everything. I took a few pics when the ice first started coming down. Once we lost power I wasn't able to take pics until the next day. You will be able to tell from the pics due to the amount of ice on the ground when I took them.

Skylee did pretty well thru it all. At first she thought the hotel was great, but she woke up at midnight crying and saying she wanted to go home. The next morning we went to the house to get more supplies and she saw the backyard and got upset. Then she said she wanted to go back to the hotel.
Of course we were all thrilled to be h0me on Thursday. Bruno would not go in the backyard at all the first few days but he is much better now. All weekend we worked on the yard and getting it cleaned up. What a mess!! Skylee went thru 5 pairs of pants on Saturday splashing in the mud and having a great time while Daddy and I worked. Sunday we made a trip to walmart and the power went off while we were there. You heard this collective groan from everyone in the stora and Skylee says..
"I'm tired of the light going out, I dont want it to be dark anymore."

I couldn't have said it better myself kid!

View down Tracy's street one of the hardest hit areas in the city


Backyard after the storm


Another of the backyard afterwards


The shed was damages in the top corner


After the storm there were amazing blue skies


Looking down the street just after it started you can see the power lines and trees sagging from the weight of the ice


after


Sagging trees in the begining of the storm

No comments: