Monday, April 6, 2009

Learning the hard way

Ok so on Thursday Skylee and I went to meet Linda, Abe and Levi at Fastlanes for some lunch and fun. I don't know who had more fun Linda and I or the kids. They have these really addictive games that are funky claw machine candy types. I think Linda and I spent at least 10 minutes on the machine, helping the kids of course.
We weren't able to ride the go karts since they weren't on but we had a good time and some yummy lunch anyways.
Well recently I have had to tell Skylee not to stick things out the car window.
"Skylee, you can't stick your head out the window."
"bruno does it."
"you arent Bruno, and Mommy doesnt get noticed by the cops if Bruno does it. But I think they might notice the 4 yr old trying to hang out of the window"
**Skylee pouting***

So on the way home from Fastlanes Skylee requested her window down and I obliged. We are cruising and I hear this strange *tink tink* and it kind of sounded like I ran over something. Well immediately Skylee screeches in the back seat.

"MY HORSEY"
"Where is your horse?"
"BACK THERE. YOU HAVE TO GO BACK."
"Sorry kid, but you cant stop traffic on 71 to get anything, we will have to get a new one."
Apparently Horsey was getting some fresh air and fell out the window

It was really hard not to laugh, she was so upset but it brought back memories. I remember tossing my sister's pencil bag out the window once. We never did find it even though my dad turned around and made me look for it. So anyways we had to go directly to walmart to replace the stuffed horse. So one quick stop and $15 later we were feeling better, and only a smidge traumatized.

1 comment:

Krissi said...

It was great seeing you guys at lunch today, however I'm afraid it will have to be our last lunch together seeing as how Caleb told me tonight "mommy, you remember who we met for lunch today" and I said "Amanda and the boys" he then corrected me to tell me that
"that girl, what's her name, the one that sat beside me"
"Skylee"
"yeah, I love Skylee momma"

Umm yeah, sorry gonna have to nip that in the bud!! LOL

The funny part is that his face turned all red and he then didn't want me tell his daddy what he had just whispered in my ear!! I literally had to laugh out loud at that boy!!