Friday, October 10, 2008

Arts and crafts

Okay so this week we did some new things. First we hung out with our friends Abe, Levi and their Grandma Linda. Somehow all three escaped my excellent camera abilities that day. LOL. But have no fear we had a lot of fun hanging with them and will do so again soon. We all got together and made bat crafts. And Linda brought the coolest puppet and balloon craft kits from Walmart. The kids used their handprints to make bats and we ate some yummy snacks.

Of course I think us mommies are the ones that got into the crafts while the kiddos dug in the sand outside.

This guy can never get enough sparkly glitter!


Lenka being crafty


Jackson ignoring mom's attempts at being crafty


Earth to Amanda!!!


The finished Bat crafts. I think Skylee went with the pirate motif. Notice the blacked out tooth and eye patch?



And this shouldn't look unusual. A cool rainy day and my child strips naked to play in it.


Daddy and Skylee's fave thing to do? Why build a tent in the living room of course.
She even used a Glade flameless candle for her lantern.


It took Skylee and I a week to make this ghost out of cheesecloth. But it finally came out!


Skylee continues to do excellent at school. She really loves it and goes all day without having to sit in time out. Today I walked out of the class and looked back in to see her run to one of the teachers and give her a great big hug. It is sooo cute. This month they are doing Halloween crafts on the days she goes. and this is what they did last week.


Also after the disaster friendship mess I made it a goal for Skylee to get to know other people.
Just in case my other friends move away or disown me. LOL. This is a NWA playgroup that I found online. We did a play date at Fun City. It is basically like Chuck E Cheese and we donated goods for the Seven Hills homeless shelter.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd really like to kick your ass for putting that pic of me up. I think I'll wait until you're drunk at teh party tomorrow :)